Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Flood, an Anniversary, and a Snack

Ahoy! Here's the state of my back yard at this very moment:

Everything is a little topsy turvy right now with a pond for a yard, a wet basement, and two days of school canceled due to flooding. (Makes the mini flood of last summer seem like a walk in the park.)

Here's the good news: today is my one year blogging anniversary! I owe it all to my college roomie, Erica (the original Remembery Capsule recipient), who gently pressed me (many times) to start this blog. It was to be a marketing tool for my jewelry business, which I suppose it is, in a roundabout way. What I never could have imagined was the connections I would make, the knowledge I would glean, and the doors of opportunity that would open. So glad I finally listened to her good advice and started this...I don't know, the word blog just doesn't seem to do it justice.

Another good note: these bread sticks (recipe from Petit Appetit; Eat, Drink, and Be Merry) are the perfect companion for a jar of Nutella. Oh boy. They're made from whole wheat, so that balances out the chocolate, right?

12 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary! I am so glad you do it - I love to visit and see what you are up to! I hope that flood isn't causing too much damage and that things get less topsy turvy soon - whole wheat definately balances the nutella - more than, go for it and enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the toy boat floating in your flood. Hope you get bailed out soon. Cazy it's so bad they cancelled school. I think I'd rather be snow bound. Then at least there's something to do. But then again, with a flood you could always put on your bathing suits and go for a dip. Happy one year blog a ma jig.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Happy Blogiversary : ) I am so happy to know you in these spaces Amy!! Hehe the boat floating made me smile... wishing you sun and a dry basement, that is certainly no fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee and hooray to your one year blogiversary! Happy happy day! I am so happy and feeling so lucky to have met you and found your gorgeous inspiring bubble space! Looking forward to another creative year with you! I hope the weather gets better soon! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievable! What a flood! I bet your kids can think of a lot of fun use out of it... I hope your house doesn't take any damage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! I'm glad you started your blog too. :) That flooding looks pretty darn impressive. Good luck! I hope it will dry out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I love coming to visit here, and look forward to another year of reading.

    I am so sorry to hear of the flood. I truly hope that life returns to normal very soon, and that the damage is minimal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes. I hope you will be dry soon! Happy Anniversary to you! And the more chocolate the better in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahoy matie! It's wet here too. I bet you can float from your house to my house. Happy Blogaversary. It's a happy ocassion. The bread sticks look great. I've heard that if you eat a whole wheat bread stick and nutella it's a complete protein and you get your daily fiber.Life is too good sometimes. bon appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy blogaversary! i can't believe that backyard of yours. sometimes our basement looks like that:) maybe i would actually see some humor in it if i threw a toy boat down next time. i will try to remember to do that! enjoy your nutella and breadsticks! xo, pennie

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy happy blog birthday. i am soooooo glad we found each other this past year.
    nicola
    Which Name?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My belief is that everything (anything?) balances out chocolate...or should that be chocolate balances out everything? ;-)

    ReplyDelete