Sunday, March 29, 2009

3-Day Necklace for Breast Cancer

I was recently asked to design a piece that would be auctioned off in a fundraiser for The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day.
The assignment was to design a necklace that would reflect the strength and spirit of the 3-Day. I did my best to create a piece that matched that description, but I also wanted it to reflect the journey of a cancer patient/survivor as well.

I got some great feedback on the finished necklace from a cancer survivor and as a result, I was inspired to offer it in my shop as a fundraiser piece. The "3-Day Necklace" is made to order and HALF the purchase price goes directly to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-day.

The 3-Day team my piece was donated to is These Boobs Are Made For Walking (aka Team Boobs!). Their goal is to raise $10,000 as a team.
To learn more about this team, and the fundraiser I am participating in locally, visit www.the3day.org/goto/tbamfw .
For more info on the necklace, click here

1 comment:

  1. beautiful necklace for a beautiful cause...what a gr8 way to give back Amy! God bless..Dava

    ReplyDelete