Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Flag Waving Weekend

Over the long weekend we were granted plenty of time to complete some of the projects we've had on our family's wish list.

My husband completed our new patio (just in time for BBQ season -- hooray!) and my girls and I made these fun flags. We finished this "Birthday Garland" in time for our daughter's upcoming party, but we will surely be using it for all our future family celebrations. I have a sneaky suspicion it will be used as a decoration in the girls' bedroom between gatherings, too, as they can't seem to get enough of it.
The beauty of the fabric garland is that you can make one to fit any occasion, holiday, special person, or season. I also like that they are reusable, cutting down on party waste.

The idea and instructions came from the book The Creative Family. The author, Amanda Blake Soule, also has a ridiculously inspiring blog called Soule Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment